10 March 2012

Prince Bashful, initial publishing notes

The initial reactions to the book's being "out there" is very humbling. One friend's smile was apparent through her voice over the phone, and the fact that she was smiling about the book being published in the first place was a compliment, especially coming from her.

Another friend wrote, "Your writing is superb. I'm hooked." Wow. What a huge compliment. What am I supposed to think about that? I have no formal training as far as writing. I just paid attention in Jr High and High School English classes.

My Dad has always been my biggest fan. Maybe my writing is destined to have more fans than him. That would be cool.

Another friend wondered if she was a main character in the book. This has me feeling a little guilty that I didn't write more about certain people and certain situations that occurred around certain times. I hope people that are aware they're in it aren't disappointed at how little they're mentioned. Maybe they won't be. I just hope they know how much their friendships meant, and mean, to me. And I hope everybody buys, reads & enjoys the book immensely.

...thanks for reading... 

-kjjr

No comments:

Post a Comment